IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
1. When wiping the eye, always wipe in towards the nose. Wiping out may cause the prosthesis to turn out of position.
2. Wear protective goggles if you swim, dive or water ski.
3. When removing your eye, make sure that all sink stoppers are in place.
4. To avoid accidentally throwing your eye away, NEVER leave your prosthesis in a piece of tissue.
5. Always practice extreme cleanliness when handling the prosthesis.
6. Have your prosthesis cleaned and checked by your Ocularist annually.
7. Never place your prosthesis in alcohol.
8. Do not clean the prosthesis with abrasives (polishing compounds, toothpaste) or sterilizing agents.
9. Consider wearing protective glasses to protect your other eye.
10. If any problems arise, remove the prosthesis and consult your Ocularist or your doctor.
11. Have your prosthesis professionally cleaned at least yearly. If you are unable to remove your prosthesis, have it cleaned every 3-6 months.